Big news came when Google announced that it is rolling a new extension for Chrome browser called “Training for Google Apps”. Google has released the chrome extension which provides optional training videos for Google featuring captions and voiceovers. The extension is initially available in Chinese, English, French, German and Japanese.
To use the extension, follow these steps:
-To install this extension, click here.
- Now a window will appear about the Training for Google Apps, click on ‘Add to Chrome’ button on the top right corner of the window.
- Now the installation is complete, in order to use it, open any of Google Applications.You will get a question mark icon on the top right corner of the window once you open your application after installing extension.
- You can either choose to take a tutorial or you can skip it, if you do take the tutorial, just follow the instructions and your first tutorial video will start playing.
- However if you skip it, later you can launch these Training videos by clicking on the question mark icon, which will bring up list of Training videos.
- Videos will be based on the type of application you choose.
As mentioned in the official blog post , “Based on our customer studies, we’ve seen that organizations that deploy Training for Google Apps see an average of 35 percent higher adoption across Apps products.”
Training for Google Apps can help in mastering Google Apps, Google Classroom or the Google Apps Admin console. The apps can be deployed quickly and easily to all your Chrome and Chrome OS users, all from the Google Apps Admin Console. Chrome Management can be used to manage the installation of the extension.