What is AngularDart?
AngularDart is a client-side framework for creating structured web applications in Dart. AngularDart is somewhat similar to AngularJS but it differs in implementation, takes advantage of dart features such as classes and annotation.
1. Components can be reused
2. Data Binding feature
3. Deep linking
4. Form validation
5. Dependency Injection
Dart Version of AngularJS Framework By Google
1. The framework feels more like idiomatic Dart.
2. It makes use of Dart features that couldn't work with the TypeScript flavor.
3. It is very fast as compared to AngularJS.
AngularDart VS AngularJS
2. The expression language is supported by both the versions.
3. The parser used in the AngularDart is a direct port of AngularJS and the difference between the two is that AngularDart supports multiple backends.
5. The compiler used in AngularDart is completely rewritten, which means that directives behave differently and there is a difference between ‘structural’ and ‘decorative’ directives.
6. In AngularDart, link/compile functions are replaced with an apply function.
7. The attribute maps concept is available on AngularDart and not on AngularJS.
Developers Opted for AngularDart
For developers, this doesn’t have many changes about how you use API’s, it fixes issues faster. Same template syntax and same API will be shared by both the versions and you will have the freedom to submit pull requests in the language that you know best, and changes can be made and reviewed without the burden of compilation and cross-compatibility with downstream languages.
Angular Dart source code is cleaner and more Dart-y, for Dart developers. With a dedicated team of Dart experts, developers will be able to resolve issues more quickly and finally update all of the documentation with a Dart focus. Developers will be able to use many Dart-specific features that weren’t compatible with the Typescript flavor.
The AngularDart was designed not just to be a programming language, but also for set of stable libraries, solid tools and a great framework.
AngularDart Code Execution:
Here we have taken a sample code and executed it in DartPad. Small “Welcome to AngularDart” code we have executed, let’s check out how it works:
Step 1: Write a main method which returns no value. Hence, it should be made “void”. We have declared the local variable as “index” which picks up the value using querySelector (finds the first descendant element that matches the specific group of selectors).
import ‘dart:html’ is the most important thing and before proceeding to work with AngularDart it is required to import the required library.
Step 2: Coming to the HTML part, we have called the index value using id as the parameter.
Step 3: The output can be viewed both in HTML and console. We can see the effect in the output screen after executing the code.
We have executed the AngularDart code and here we can see the loop has executed 4 times and printed “Welcome to Angulardart 3!” giving the index value as 3.