Whitestorm.js a framework used for developing 3D apps which are built on top of Three.js technology has come up with improved features like built-in Physics engine- an altered Physi.js that acts a cover over Ammo.js by using web-workers technology.
Built-in Physics engine features like Convex and Concave shapes, basic shapes collision, soft body shapes are added in this framework.
Important Features of Whitestormjs:
1. Simple shape crafting: For creating objects from the existing data they have used JSON-like structure and adding them to your 3D world.
2. Physics with Web Workers: They have used Physi.js library for calculating the physics of the 3D shapes along with WebWorkers technology which allows for rendering and calculating physics in different threads.
3. Plugin system: This framework has great support for plugins & components which are developed by other users. Later you need to add them after whitestorm.js and the given instructions are to be followed.
4. Automatization of rendering: WhitestromJS has a feature of automatically rendering and there is no need of calling it explicitly. For rendering, feature resizes function can be called automatically the setting additional parameter like auto resize is set true i.e. auto resize: true.
5. ES6 Features: Using ECMAScript6 and ECMAScript7 (beta) latest features this framework is built and complies with Babel.
6. Softbodies: This feature is supported by the whitestormJS engine (except native ammo.js) only.